As a New York City based art therapist / psychotherapist, we will work together in a supportive, open and creative environment, on your path of growth and healing.
In doing art therapy, you are invited to use both visual arts and verbal exploration to look at your life. And, as the creation of a new image and/or idea unfolds, as the exploration of a new material occurs, as you learn to reframe your past, master your feelings, create new thought patterns and see that you have a choice where you may have thought none was possible, your life can change as well. To begin this creative and healing process please contact me for an introductory consultation.
Benefits of working together can be:
- Recognizing that you have choice in how your life moves forward
- Uncovering strengths and resiliencies and learning to use them in your life
- Developing the freedom to express yourself more fully
- Having more access to pleasure
- Being freer in relationships - romantic, family, friendships, school, work
- Recognizing barriers to romantic love and removing them
- Connecting and/or reconnecting to your creative self
- Moving beyond roadblocks related to career
- Learning to navigate life transitions
- Building self-esteem
- Replacing depression with a wider range of feelings and experiences
- Working through traumatic life events
- Developing skills to cope with anxiety
- Having a positive experience that can be rich, creative, enlivening and even fun
With sixteen+ years experience as an art therapist in New York City, I have worked with individuals of all ages on a variety of issues and challenges including, though not limited to relationships, life and career transitions, struggles in school, creative blocks, trauma, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, loss, grief and coping with medical illness.
Do you need to consider yourself an artist to use art psychotherapy? Absolutely not. Can you be an artist? Of course. When you are creating, it can be as simple as pounding on clay or picking up a marker and allowing your hand to move. It is not about knowing how to draw, though knowing how to draw can be wonderful; it is about connecting to yourself in a unique way that can provide new awareness, development, growth and change.
A lot of people have never heard of art therapy and/or don't truly understand how it can make a difference in their life. I invite you to take a look at the page on this website called "What is Art Therapy" and/or listen to the blog talk below to learn more. And, of course, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you might have.
To schedule a consultation or appointment: (917) 445-7587 or email.
I will be facilitating a workshop on Saturday August 6th in Downtown Manhattan.
Inviting Your Inner Beauty Out
Each of us has a rich, complex inner world, some parts of which we are more connected to than others. Using creative tools including art and writing, you will have the opportunity to access your own internal gift/s and to explore how they can be shared in the world. To learn more about the workshop, please click the link below:
Also feel free to give a call (917) 445-7587 or email with questions.